How to make my husband see i deserve a break?

Last night my husband got mad cause I wanted to get away from my daughter. I'm with her allday I deserve time to myself.

angelsmommy119

Asked by angelsmommy119 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Hugs. Sometimes men don't understand that mom's need some "down time" away from the kids. Yes we do love our kids, but it can be draining to be with them 24/7. I think you should calmly talk to him and tell him how you feel, and then set up a day/time ahead of time (like next week sunday for example) and let him know that you are going to have some 'down time' on that day, and he will be in charge of DD while you are out . Maybe if HE is home with her and sees what it is like to be "mom" he may see the light and understand that you do need a break sometimes. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Husbands need to understand that you might not leave the house to go to work everyday but being a full time SAHM is a FULL TIME JOB!!! you do deserve a break and "you time" Sit and talk to him and tell him that when you are home, you srent just sitting around doing nothing...how does he thingk the chores get done, ur child gets cared for and taught the things that you teach her. So when he gets home and settled you would really appriciate a break even if just for 15-30 minutes a night to have some "me" time!
    briannasmom3

Answer by briannasmom3 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Just leave and tell him he's in charge for two hours.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i used to get up super early on saturdays when SO wasnt working and just leave for the day... after a few weekends of that he started telling me to go out during the week for coffee with my friends.. lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Just leave. Dont' ask, just do it! When he's been home for a bit, tell him you are going out for coffee and leave before he can throw a hissy fit
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thanks guys but I have no friends and its like talkin to a brick wall with him. But I will try.
    angelsmommy119

Comment by angelsmommy119 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You don't have to have friends to get away. I like zipping off to the library, myself.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Have him baby sit to see what it is like.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• A coffee shop can be a good place to make some friends...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I am not much of a coffee drinker but I love to do crossword puzzles n reading love stories
    angelsmommy119

Comment by angelsmommy119 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2011