Jobs, jobs, jobs....what is the right job?

Okay, so I thought some magical thing would happen when I graduated from college, but I'm finding myself totally lost. I live in TX and am getting my alternative certification for teaching, but the problem with that is, there are no teaching jobs! So, I need a plan B. What are the best companies and or jobs to have if you have a family? Which companies are the best to work for? I've applied to all the teaching jobs, but I need a back up. Also, what is with these personality tests?

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 12:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Honestly every field is suffering, so the best job or company is simply the one hiring!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Do some thing you feel good doing. I am an independent rep. for a debt free, 10 year company. All I have read says that small business is going to help pull us out of recession. I also have read inbound marketing is extremely effective & inexpensive.... Obama used inbound marketing to conserve money & be effective! My business doesn't require all that much time in a day, perfect to help make ends meet & then some. Contact me if you would like more information.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 12:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Unfortunately the problem seems to be rising..I have found, as you will find most who frequent this board, that the best solution is a Home Based Business. You are the captain, you determine your worth and how valuable your time is worth...whether it be 10-15-20-40 hrs a week..

There are TONS of home based businesses..from Services like mine, to parties and products, like scentsy, baskets, mary kay, etc.
    Personally I have found lately that Most people I know are getting No where with their party planning businesses... just held a 3 business online and catalog party for 10 days invited 600 people...and 1, yes literally 1 order came in.

love my business with Prepaid Legal Services b/c I help folks daily with protecting their families to the fullest, I can work anywhere anytime, I have NO products to peddle and deliver, I make AWESOME $ from my dining room in about 20 hours a week and I get Daily Direct Deposit.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pull up a list on Google and see which businesses are recession proof. Also which items are... I know for a fact the candy market and the beauty industry were two that were not phased by the economic depressed times.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Im really not interested in advertisements. i want to know about a regular job!
    lowencope

Comment by lowencope (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I agree with the original poster.

I'm laid off and looking for geographic areas with lowest unemployment and highest job growth. Nothing replaces a real go-to-work job. Bills are constant and so must be my income. I'm getting really tired of the work-at-home pyramid whatevers advertisments that I see here on CM.

Peace
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How are your skills? You may want to take a couple of classes at a community college, like Microsoft office (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a basic bookkeeping class.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• are you willing to relocate? try snag-a-job, they will help you find the exact job you want. good luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2011