Did you have a baby shower for each baby?

I of course had one with my first, my second was born early at 32 weeks but still there were no plans for one and now with my third I don't see me having one either...I'm 31w3d today. =(

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one shower with the first and the rest haven't.... I think my sister was trying to throw one for this pregnancy but she doesn't have time really so... whatcha gonna do? I think it's sweet if you can do and if you can't.. well, that's okay too. I don't think it's traditional to only have one you still need stuff for each baby!! And the whole celebration of life.. wonderful. I think I might throw a celebration party after she's born if there's enough time..
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 1:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• no traditionally there is only one. The intention of it is to help you prepare and get all the things you need.
    I've had friends tell me they want to do a food shower for me. This was with my 3rd and 4th. The idea behind it is you bring a frozen meal for the family and help them stock up on meals to help when adjusting to a new baby at home. Sadly it never happened but there wouldn't have been much room in our freezer because I do this myself all the time!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, and as long as someone is asking to throw one for you, there's no problem with it.

Answer by missanc at 12:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I had a shower with my first; did not have one (nor did I expect or want one) with my second.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes! All 4 of them! Someone stated it's traditional to have one only for the 1st. Maybe in their family it's tradition. But, everyone I've ever known has had one for each child. And, I've lived in several states. Why should the 1st child be the only one who gets all the attention and new stuff? Sure, I believe in hand-me-downs to some degree. But, every child deserves to start out with at least some new stuff of their own. In fact, I just got back from my neighbor's baby shower. It's her 2nd baby. Yep, every baby deserves the same good treatment as the first.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My highschool friends threw me one for my first.. With my second, I bought everything on my own.. My boyfriend's mom threw me one for my third.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, my kids were 5 years a part. We didn't have anything from our first to use for our second so it was great to have two showers. But, if my kids were closer together I don't think I would have.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My mom threw me one when I was pg with my daughter, that was over 4 years ago. And my step mom just threw me a baby shower at the end of may because I am having a boy and didnt have any clothes or anything for him. I think that mostly it was because we had a very bad relationship when I was pregnant with my daughter and she missed a lot but now that things are better between us she wanted to be a part of this pregnancy.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I will be haven another baby Shower with my second, it's a great celebration! I mean you get to share a special moment with family and friends and gets lots of fun and gifts for your baby!
    Vian.aram

Answer by Vian.aram at 12:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011