He said WHAT?

So my husband and I left our church back in May. It really sucked. The church got out of control and began to resemble a cult. Even though we had been hurt badly by these people I still missed the people they used to be. Especially the pastor who had once been like a father to me. But I did as my husband asked and didnt go to that church and waited for him to find a new church which apparently is the NFL network on Sunday mornings. It's really hurting me to not be surrounded by feelow believers. I have postpardum depression and a very sick infant and every moment is a struggle. cont

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• On Wednesday morning I took my son to a hospital 2 hours away for a surgery and wouldn't you know it moments before my son was admitted my old pastor was admitted. Before they took him back for surgery he came over to my mom and I to say hello and see my son. I was so hurt I couldn't even look at him. I got up to register my son and while I was gone they took my pastor back to surgery but not before he stopped and said to my mom who was holding my son "will you please tell Katie I am so sorry for all the struggle I caused her family" I was shocked! While waiting for my sons surgery to be over I heard 2 doctors talking about the heart surgery they had just performed and how they couldnt understand how the patient had survived and I KNEW it was my pastor cont
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• So later in the afternoon when my hsubadn was with my son i went to the cafeteria and then decided to visit my old pastor. He gave me a teary eyed apology and explained how wrong he had been in the way he run his church and how God had used a triple bipass to show him the error in his ways. He has 6 stints in his heart valves but wouldnt you know it the man who had just cheated death was much more concerned about my well being than his own. It was the first time 12 weeks anyone had asked me how I was doing! I cried and we prayed together and for the first time in almost a year I finally felt hope. cont
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• When I went back to my husband and told him what had happened He said "You can talk to him. You can meet with him have coffee whatever but I am NOT going back to that mans church and I FORBID you to do the same." At first I felt my hope shatter and scatter but later I realized that what had gave me hope was in me all along and now I am just trying to wait this whole situation out but I am so lonely and I am trying hard not to resent my husband but deep inside I do. Any advice?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Can't you find another church home? Won't your husband let you go to a different church for spiritual nourishment?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• ive suggested other churches but he has an excuse for everyone I suggest. I tried a few others but it didnt go well
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well you could go on your own. your hubby should not forbid you to be your own person. he should respect and love your desires and if this pastor has changed he should be forgiven and he should find forgiveness and stop holding resentment. i would pray that your husbands heart be softened but mean while tell your husband that you need this and if he loves you to let you go with his blessing. i know you don't want to go against his wishes but at least ask him to grant you your wish. i think he will say yes. pray about it at first. also if you go back and it's still the same. pray to find another church and do it on your own since you husband has found his alternative church the church of couch potatoes.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Pray for him sweetie. Don't outright disobey him, but if this is the direction God wants you to go pray God will move on him. Pray for his heart to be softened.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Well, he's forbidden you to go to that particular church, but he hasn't forbidden to you to go to any church (and if he had, I'd probably tell you to disobey him, honestly - he does not have the authority to keep you from worshipping God). Keep praying for him, and pray for God to direct your footsteps while you search for another church home.

My prayers for you, sweetie.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 2:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if you need church go, you dont need him to go with you, but i do suggest not going to the one you left, it will cause a unecessary problem.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• OK girl the first thing you need to do is pray and pray hard. Ask God to show you and your hubby to a church that he wants you to go too. These days are so bad for you not to be in a church or something life bible study or something. Maybe you and your hubby can start a bible study until you find a church and invite some people over and you all just talk about the Lord. You have to keep your mind on the Lord. The devil trys to come at you anyway he can. If you are out of church the devil will try to put thoughts in yours or hubby's head we are better off not even going to a church at all. But you have to stay growned in the word of God its almost the end times and you don't need to be going away from God you need to get closer and closer and closer to him. Just talk to your hubby and tell him how you feel about church and that you all need to find one ASAP, If you need to talk sister just email me. Love ya in Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2008