Do you ever answer a question with humor and totally piss people off?

I answered a question about homeschooling saying "nope..I want my children to be intelligent". I was aiming a joke at myself not at homeschoolers. Then I get all kinds of responses where they're on their soapboxes. I guess my sense of humor offends....
Do you find yourself answering with humor and get bashed for it?
Where's everyone's sense of humor these days?

happy2bme7

Asked by happy2bme7 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Actually yes. I am a smart ass in real life too. Doesnt always go over well. I dont do it to piss people off...just being funny but people take it wrong. Good thing I dont have to show my face. ha! (that pissed people off the most though..when you say something smart & they dont have a profile to go bitch at)
    Anonymous

• yep iv been there befor lol i guess sometimes what we think is funny isnt funny to everyone. i tell ya people now days dont have a sense of humor.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Hahah.. UGH this happens all the time.. people are lacking sense of humor BIG TIME here!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i do this too the only problem is as you noticed its hard to sense a tone when reading and since 75% of people just love to be offensive on here anyways your odds of the joke being taken the way intended are slim to none.. unless of course you throw in a silly face j/k or lol
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am with you on this one. I find humor in things that other people dont. And I usually come out as being rude or hateful but don't mean to. I use humor for everything and I guess no one else shares my sense of humor..LOL.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• While answering the question..the thought didn't even occur to me that my answer would be anything but funny. My mistake was that I was the first to answer the question...LOL.
    Some of the Mom's on here just need to laugh a little....hee hee!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I even ...LOL'd it. Maybe I should have been ROF also : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Honestly I don't see the joke in it and i'm not a home schooler. Where's the funny at?
    Anonymous

• My DH is like that...he gives smart a** answers (usually at someone's expense) and wonders why I don't see the "humor" in it. I've got a great sense of humor but I don't joke at someone else's expense.
    Anonymous

• It was at MY EXPENSE! I was saying that I don't want to homeschool my children because I want them to get a better education than I can give them. You wouldn't want to teach your child to build a bridge over a river if you've only built one over the carpet out of Lego's would you? That doesn't make me uneducated it just makes me smart in the sense that I know that I'm not a teacher. There are those that can teach..God has chosen to give me other gifts. I wasn't putting anyone down about their choice I was simply stating mine. If it was a smart a$$ answer it was aimed me. Some people on here just HAVE to find someone to bash. That's okay....there can be humor in that also ; )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2008