Im worried i got a call from the docter they did the glucose test and they said i might have diabities

what is diabities how do u get it and what food should i stop eating ?

anamoral3s

Asked by anamoral3s at 1:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well don't do ANYTHING untill you talk to your doctor. They will run another glucose test and go from there. Gestiational diabetes is common and goes away after birth. Sometimes all you need to do is modify your diet, in more extreme cases some pregnant mammas need insulin. Don't start stressing now (although i know how impossible it is lol) Just wait to talk to your doc
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I agree with PP. I ended up with it and they really walk you through what you need to do so please just wait and its not that big of a deal..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think its common to fail the one hour test. I did and passed the 3 hr. I wouldn't change anything till you know if the 3 hr is failed or not. If you do, they will tell you what kinds of foods you can and can't eat. Basically they wanted me to cut down on sugar and pastas.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Cut back on sugars and carbs
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have it with 4 out of 5 of my pregnancies. They will most likely send you to a nutritionist if you have it that will help you with meal planning. Gestational diabetes doesn't always go away after you give birth, but does most of the time. You may be able to control it with just diet modification, might need an oral medication (glyburide) or possibly insulin. Twice I controlled mine with diet and exercise, twice I used the oral medication along with the diet. Stay away from sweets and sugary drinks, but otherwise you can eat normally in moderation. It's not about not eating carbs - it's about eating the right amount and right type of carbs at the right times.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• wait for the dr to tell u what to do
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 3:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011