Any dual Military couples??

What do you do with your kids when you both go to the field or when you both deploy when you are not in state with any family. For a deployment flying them to a grand parent would be an option, but i dont think for like a month long in the field?

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 1:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep we are, we fly our kiddos to my SIL. We are in Va she is in CO
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ooops sorry :( For field missions we fly her here, much cheaper and more comfortable for the kiddos.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We were not a dual military family but I did sign up to be a "foster mom" for the families who were dual military and didn't have any family to watch their children during field training and deployments. Your base/post should have some information about that.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• yesmaam what does your sil do about work?
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• she's a SAHM and my other SIL lives near her in CO so she goes to watch her kids :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Jeremysmom......that's cool. I never knew that people did that.
    When I was in PLDC(for a month) my husband (at the time) had to go to the field, so my parents came and got my son. I guess we got lucky and never had to be in the field at the same time. I was deployed for about 6 months and my parents had my son then, as well.
    We were supposed to go to NTC at the same time, but my youngest son got sick, so I had to stay back and take leave, so I could take care of him.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 7:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011