Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Would you take this offer?

i am currently in a situation that desparatly needs legal paper work on my daughter to make sure her dad doesnt run off with her. we dont have custody of her written up and shes two, he has agreed to sign for visitation papers.some family members have made the offer of paying for visitation papers to be wrote up so that if his mother gets her panties in a wade that she doesnt convience him to take the child and run-yes shed do that and he follows every word mommy tells him. the offer is for no strings attached these people dont get special treatment to see her, or something to be held over our heads, they do not want their names or title even mentioned now or afterward. we dont have to pay back if we dont want to {of corse we would bc thats just us} but to do it right by ourseleves we just dont have the cash and how things are heating up everyone is getting worried that we may HAVE to get this done now. this is a couple hundred dollars we are talking about, my husband and i really want our daughter safe{ i say our daughter bc hes been there since she was a babe and as far as he is concerned thats his kid end of story. he loves her and takes better care of her than her bio dad} i am a leary person by nature and so i always question everyones actions, but sometimes i just over react. if you where in this situation what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • Get visitation set up ASAP.
    In my county, you could get an emergency custody order written and approved fast, it's just the standard custody agreement until you can go to court and settle the details.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • I would take an offer to get visitation established.

    Answer by meooma at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • get the legal stuff done asap!!!! most places won't even do a thing if he runs and you dont have the custody issues worked out in other words if he take off with her the cops wont make him bring her back they will just tell you to file for custody in court. me and my sister both have gone thru this dont wait on this. I hope everything works out for you and your LO good luck mama

    Answer by chunkyhoney78 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • You're concerned about your daughter's safety? Then go to court and request supervised visitation only. Honestly if he's going to kidnapp her a piece of paper will not stop him. That's harsh, but the truth.

    Answer by yesmaam at 2:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • I know this is gonna sound cruel, BUT I would get visitation written up BEFORE he is allowed to see her because if there is nothing written up he can run with her and nothing legally you can do because she is his biological dad. I know from experience once those are written up and signed set through ect. Then it would consider kidnapping if he did it. I was told this by a lawyer.

    Answer by djavongirl at 2:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • You Not only need to get it done ASAP...But I can get it for you for less than 50.00 and you have a lawyer for ANYTHING questions, letter, phonecalls, A WILL andmore all included...You are anony so you need to msg me to get the info from me

    But this is exactly the kind of thing we tell people about daily!

    Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • get custody in writing. As of now he is bio dad and whatever he does he is just a dad taking his DD out.

    Answer by RobinChristine at 11:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.