How long is too long between kids

age wise?

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ours are 11 years apart and its working for us... I think it's a personal decision
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I believe it totally depends on the situation.  If a man and woman meet after they  had a family in the past and decide to hook up.  More than likely their going to have children together unless their much older couple.  But if a family has 2 children and their up in age and decide to have another one I believe it's perfectly OK.  It's great!!!  Just totally depends on what YOU want!!!

tlcawley

Answer by tlcawley at 2:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have 3 close together and then an 8 year age gap before my youngest 2. I really wouldn't recommend it. It works in our situation, because we have 2 set of gparents close by willing to watch the younger 2 when we go do stuff with the older ones (water parks, amusement parks, movies, etc) but it's not ideal. It is hard to find things that the whole family will enjoy doing.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• There is no such thing as a universal cut off. Every family is different. My youngest sibling is 21 years younger than me...yes you read that right. It works out just fine for us. My parents always had a babysitter (me) and it prepared me better than most young women for marriage and a child of my own. Believe it or not, I am really close to all of my siblings despite age differences.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 2:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• why the helll should anyone care? If you can provide love, stability, and a good life for any child, who cares what the age difference is...geesh.
    Anonymous