Do you have food allergies?

How do I find out if I do? What are your symptoms when you eat whatever you are allergic to? My nephew is really gassy and I think he has some issues too.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Thankfully no. Symptoms could vary a lot- a rash, swollen mouth, hard time breathing, etc. If you cut out the food you think you are allergic too and you start to feel better then you are probably allergic.

If you're not sure what you're allergic to your physician should be able to help you, or point you to a specialist. I know for some of my siblings they were given tiny doses (in the form of a shot) for various foods to see if they were allergic. And for some reason the only shot I can remember was for shell fish. But I know there were others.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have dairy allergies I end up with rashes and the trots I ended up going to the doctor to find out I have dairy allergies and a flour allergy.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011