Have you ever felt this way...?

Alright, I'm a teen mother, I'm 16 (currently dropped out of school but in classes for GED) I work a full time job ( i'm allowed to since I've dropped out) well anyways, as I was saying I work a full time job. While I'm working my B.D takes care of Kayleigh and now I'm starting to feel that she's bonded with him way more than she is with me. When I get home from work I take care of her. I bath her, feed her and put her to bed. Same way when she wakes up, I take care of her before I go to work. Just sometimes it feels like we aren't bonded the way we use to be when I wasn't working and when her father wasn't around. I don't know. asdfhkl; but have you ever felt this way?

kaysmomma121110

Asked by kaysmomma121110 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't ..no. My kids go to daycare all day Monday-Friday.. and they are always so excited to see me and go home with me. It'll get better! Good Luck Mama!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Bonding changes as baby gets older and the interaction of baby will differ between parents. You're 100% normal. Bonding will go on every day of your lives, till you're in the grave. I wouldn't get real worried abou tit.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have & it was super tough. My Ceili ( pronounced the same as yours) bonded alot more with her dad when I went back to work. It's tough at first but it all evens out. She is 5 now & she is the light of both of our lives. Good luck, stay strong & you'll see the light at the ned of the tunnel soon! * Hugs* :)
    GypsyMa76

Answer by GypsyMa76 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• how old is your baby?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• When I was a single mom I was applying for night shift jobs, because I didn't want to miss out on their days. I ended up waiting tables for a while, which meant I didn't have to leave until 4:30-5 (they went to bed at 7pm) and then I worked until 2-3am, but I was home when they woke up. I did have to take a nap when they did though! Is there a different shift job you can work so that you can be home more?

Answer by missanc at 2:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• kayleigh is 6 months old, and where I work they are only open during day. I work production at a reasturant meaning cooking, dishes, cutting pizza's, all of that stuff.
    kaysmomma121110

Comment by kaysmomma121110 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Dont think about it too much i am 22 and my son is 12 months and I have been full time since before i got pregnant so i work 40 hours a week. My schedule varies so sometimes i could get off work at 6pm and sometimes at 10pm and my boyfriends does not. Before he would be the one babysitting so i would think about that all the time. I was scared my baby would not want to be with me.And now he is still the one that spends more time with him because again if i go in to work in the morning i get off at 6 i spend about 3 hours with my son and when i go in to work in the afternoon i spend about 3 hours in the morning with him if he wakes up late but as he has got older he recognizes me more and more and now when i get home he will walk as fat he can to me smiling. Also when he started recognizing he would rather i carry him then his daddy. So dont worry as your baby gets older she will know you more and more.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I did feel that way. and still do. I went to ohio last month for the whole month and when i got back home my son seemed like he didnt want anything to do with me. He never let me hold him he would cry. My son is 3 and that was hard to see and feel. But since being back i keep pushing my son to be held and playing with him all the time to show him that i love him. He now wont let me go. maybe try to do something diff with your lil one. When you pick her up try spending time with her instead of just feeding bathing bed. try to cuddle with her after her bath or before and after bath time. hope this helps.
    H.Gard

Answer by H.Gard at 2:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I do cuddle with her and play, but I meant I take care of her as in I do the bathing feeding and putting to bed when I'm there, I play with her as much as I can, but sometimes I don't get home til around 11 and she's already in bed.
    kaysmomma121110

Comment by kaysmomma121110 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011