Where do you shop for the best price on Fronline Plus for cats?

I'm looking to buy some for my new cat and was hoping that some of you ladies would know where I could find them for the best price online. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pets

• wallmart , call and check , ust to get it there
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I use PetMeds.com for all my pet stuff. If you do normal delivery, there's no extra charge for shipping and handling. It varies but you can get some good deals and if you buy certain things together, they shed some $$$ off. Happy hunting!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't know about online, but I got ours from our veterinarian's office at the SPCA. Much cheaper than traditional offices. I paid about $50.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The vet's office was actually cheaper than online, including petmeds w/ a coupon! Also, if you have to provide long-term meds, the vet can set you up with a wholesaler - I pay $30/mos for meds costing $170 online.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 3:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• There's a new generic out called "PetArmor" that is supposed to have the same ingredients as Frontline. I personally wouldn't trust it, as one ingredient amount could be a tad off from the original Frontline Formula, & that's when problems arise. The patent has to run out on only 1 ingredient on something like this, in order for another company to step up & mass produce it. I was told it's made in India by someone who looked at it at Sam's Club. If that's true, I'd NEVER buy it. I switched from Frontline Plus to Advantage, because it is less expensive & comes in an even amount such as the 4 & 6 count vials. It works just as well as FLP for my pets. Petmeds.com is more expensive than my vet charges, even with their so-called coupons! I buy this kind of stuff only from my vet, but for other pet meds I'll get them at walmart if they have them. Vets inflate prices of human meds given to animals, all the time.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I only use the drops if we get a really bad run of fleas, the rest of the time I use DE and Borax ... and I also use PDZ (which is mostly baking soda and for horse stalls) in the dog pens. I've got guineas roaming around and they eat every tick they can find, and a good number of fleas as well.

Generally, I prefer to not use poison on my pets or my livestock ~ and the non poisonous things that work are all around cheaper than the pesticides. If nothing else, the fleas and other bugs can't develop a resistance to the DE ... dehydration works ALL the time.

Ruby, the PetArmor is manuf. in India ... not sure, but I'm really not comfortable with that sort of outsourcing. Since the patent ran out on fipronil I expect there will be a lot of generics hitting the market soon. I'm more comfortable using a dose of Ivomec measured out for the pups if I think they need it/test positive for worms ~ and it kills fleas/ticks as well.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You will probably get the best price from your vet in general and your probably going to have to get a script from your vet anyway. I don't know how things are now, but when I worked at a vet clinic PetMeds was getting their product from anywhere, including overseas where it is not FDA regulated so it may look like what you want but it might be completely different. You have to be very careful about what you order online.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 5:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011