My daughter is teething.

She is screaming to be held. I know she doesn't feel good but half the time I pick her up she stops crying. Do I confort her or let her lie there and cry? Sometimes I pick her up and she cries still. Iknow then she is uncompfy but when she screems and stops when I pick her up I think she is using me to hold her. Hubby is sick right now and cannot help with her soo I'm getting irritated. (I don't blam either of them though.

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 2:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some kids are just cuddly when they're not feeling good. It's probably a mix of being in pain and just wanting comfort for something she doesn't understand. I would try the suggestion of the wrap, though if you're like me and don't like them, try a Snugli (if she's little enough) or a backpack carrier. The movement will likely put her to sleep half the time and you'll have your hands free. As for the pain, teething gel is really helpful. Teethings rings are good, too. :)
    GlowWorm889

Answer by GlowWorm889 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• u should get an amber teething necklace they r great!!!! and a good wrap!! lol! i wore my dd for months while she was teething! u have to comfort her she is in pain!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• for teething use teething gel for the pain, teething rings that go in the freezer works good to. Once you find something that works for the pain then she will be fine.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I try very hard to hold her when I think she is in pain but I am holding her all day long. Thats y I think I am supposed to put her down when I pick her up and she stops crying but I don't know if she is just wanting to be held or she is in pain.
    Kimkh

Comment by Kimkh (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Where is this necklace? I have never heard of it.
    Kimkh

Comment by Kimkh (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011