Twins twins twins??

Okay so I know the mother is the one that is the desion maker on twins.. well at least her body lol.. and its from the mothers side of the family.. not the dads.. okay so whe i look at my side do i only look at my mothers side or do i look at my fathers side also because i am half and half.. lol

Madilous08

Asked by Madilous08 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• actually I don't know how true that is actually. Cause my dh's dad's side twins run on his side and not his moms side. For instants his dad brother is a twin, his dads mom is a twins and he has twin cousins as well. DH's mom doesn't have twins on her side and she had twins. My dh is a twin
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm not sure, I actually have 2 sets of twins, my mom had twins, my grandmother is a twin and my husband has twin uncles, so I really don't know how it works lol...all I know is we got hit twice with twins lol!!
    KandiApple2987

Answer by KandiApple2987 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I was said to have twins with this pregnancy because of the order it goes in and runs in my family but I am having one little girl.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Wow.. i know my bfs half brothers have twin kids.. and my bfs dads dad has twins.. i guess there is alot.. were not sure how many were not really close to his side.. but I kinda want twins to experience it i have 1 daughter who is 3 and i want 2 more it would be cool to knock it out at once.. its always been kinda my dream to have twins!!
    DO YOU KNOW THE odds of Having twins?? with no help??
    sry my daughter hit the caps button!
    Madilous08

Comment by Madilous08 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm actually a twin and so it my bf. Twins is gentic but you get half your dna from mom and dad so both can be a factor. You probably shouldn't exclude anyone.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm a twin and both my mothers side and fathers side had twins.. I think that the fathers dna can also make the egg split.. But fraternal twins just come from the moms part
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011