Catholic,Montessori, private, or public school

WHICH ONE IS BEST. I KNOW THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO BOTH BUT WHICH ONE HAS WORKED BEST FOR YOU

dixiechic88

Asked by dixiechic88 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in

• I took my kids out of public school and would NEVER allow them back in another one under any circumstances. I home school now. I went to Catholic school when I was young, it had a much better education than when I went to public school. Montessori to be honest I hear is the best. I don't have the option of one around here.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Montessori all the way.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My kids go to a publicly funded charter school. It is a private school education free. You do need to be careful to educate yourself on the curriculum and each schools accountability. Just like everything else there are better ones.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My son goes to public. If finances were right I would choose Montessori.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• IMO, Montessori. My oldest will be in Kindergarten next year and my youngest starts preschool next year at their Montessori school. We LOVE it.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 2:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It's public school for my children.. i have no choice in the matter right now. My 2nd child will be going into kindergarten this september and she is soo excited. I am looking into homeschooling I'm just not sure if I can provide an adequate education to my children right now.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 2:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think it's more dependent on what the individual schools are like. We're at a Catholic school and love it.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My oldest is going into 5th grade public school in the fall, and my youngest will be homeschooled via an online charter school for 1st grade in the fall. Really it just depends on the individual child and the way they learn best. I don't agree with Montessori at all, and parochial schools are an excellent choice if you want your child receiving religion-based education.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My kids go to public school and I love it. We have a great school system and I moved into this house partly because of the schools that we're assigned to - I was determined to stay in this district! However, if I lived on the other side of town I would definitely be sending my kids to private school!

Answer by missanc at 3:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I plan to send my kids to a Private school be it Christian or Preparatory. I would love to homeschool but that is not an option, and I will NEVER put them in public school.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

Next question in
Thinking of homeschooling

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Twins twins twins??