Oh my gosh I just need to vent...my 3 year old gets into everything

oh my gosh I have a 6 year old dd and she never got into anything. I mean she has a couple times, but that was it. She wasn't a climber either after the one time she climbed on the dinner table when she was 18 months old and when I got her down she threw a fit and busted her head pretty good she had a goose egg on her head didn't do that again. With my now 3 year old. She is so bad she climbs like crazy she had a cencusion last year from climbing and falling and then she had to get stitches back in march from climbing and falling. She still climbs it doesn't bother her. She also gets into everything and I do mean everything. just now she is supose to be napping and she is in the bathroom and she used up all our tooth paste and the kids tooth paste and put toilet paper in the sink. I hate to shut the bathroom door because she is potty trained, she knows how to open the door anyway. I thought she should be out grown that by now? She turned 3 in January. I am due to have another baby in august she will be 3.5 and I don't know how I am going to do it with the baby she will be into everything. I disipline her as well and nothing and I do mean NOTHING works

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have the SAME problem with mine. She is a busy body and into everything. the child sneaked down stairs in the middle of the night and got a box of cereal which she then dumped in her bed! UHG! Really?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'd be doing some butt busting. Not only is she terrorizing your home, she has already been seriously injured. I had one child who liked to climb, but after getting his tail spanked a few times, he decided to keep his butt on the ground. And as for the bathroom destruction, that should be sternly dealt with. Children will do what they can get away with. It's up to you to put a stop to harmful, destructive behavior. It is not something she will just grow out of. It's something that will become increasingly worse unless you put a stop to it now! Some children are much more hard headed and hard hearted than others, so you have to be all the more stern and determined that they will respect and obey their parents. It's parental duty #1--not pleasant but extremely necessary. The bonus is that your home will be peaceful and calm instead of chaotic. At the very least, put a gate across her doorway so she can't get out.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• NANNYB

I did spank her butt when she did that, but she still does it. And I spank her everytime as well. You don't know how many times I have spanked her and she doesn't learn her lesson. She will still do it. It is almost like she is strong willed or something I don't know. I have tried a gate she climbs it. I used a gate for my oldeat now 6 until she was 4 just to make sure she didn't get out of her room in the middle of the night while I was sleeping and she stayed in it, but now my 3 year old she climbs over it. She will even eat crayons and markers and stamps. You name it she tries eating. I have hand sanitizer and I try putting up, but she keeps finding it and tries eating it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011