People have suggested counsling but i feel weird about it.

for a while doctors have guessed about me. ever since i can remember iv been a cry baby and have always been scared of being left alone by my parents or just alone. I always laugh and cry with everysingle emotion and i mean everything. the doctors when i was younger dissmised it because they saw me laughing so they said i was fine. i dont feel depressed i just cry alot sometimes, alot for no reason. i always feel like i cant breathe and again thats normal too. (according to the docs) so one doctor offered depression pills i said no so he said i was just getting depression then he said anxiety then they told me it was post postpartum even though my daughter was 2 then they said it was pregnancy that was making me like this and the latest they said it was that i am grieving because my dad just died on may 4 after an 11 month battle with stupid cancer. I just have no idea what to believe or what to go by. When my dad died everyone thought i was gonna lose it and they were worried because im pregnant and due in aug. but im fine i even surprised myself although iv been getting kinda small flash backs or thoughts in my head that remind me my dad is gone, an d then i get mad at my daughter now 3 alot and feel bad like i just have no patience for her and when i fight with my husband i sometimes blame her and i feel weird about this pregnancy i want this baby out! and im scared of what will happen when shes born because i just feel kinda lonley but at the same time i dont want anyone near me i probably just all of you but my point is i feel stupid talking to someone one on one like where do i start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• I think just start like you just posted.. it'll flow from there.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 2:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• There is NOTHING wrong with talking to a therapist/counselor if you need help! The best way to be a good parent is to take care of yourself. There is also NOTHING wrong with taking medication if you need it. I've taken medication off and on for years for mild depression and anxiety, and saw a therapist for several years. It was a huge help. Good luck!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I was pregnant four months after my dad passed away from cancer so I can relate.You need to cut yourself some slack-sounds like you are having anxiety,grievance issues as well[not surprising] and you are feeling all alone.You need all the love and support that you an get.You could also be suffering from post pardum depression which is normal however if you've been suffering these blues and such since your 3 year old was born you need a support group and or specific meds that will help combat depression,anxiety,blues-I was on paxil and zoloft works good too so does abilify-good luck hang in there -hugz
    Gemini5

Answer by Gemini5 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2011