I know a strange questionbut soon to be divorced and would have to do on my own. Anyone out there to help with using a plunger to unclog a toliet? I never have any luck

Does any one know how to use one. I know how to use one but never have any luck. Right now have a husband to do it but when on my own I will have to do. Any special tricks any one know how to help me do this. Thanks for all the advice.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 2:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Put the hole of the plunger directly over the hole in the toilet and push it down and pull it up several times.. that should work! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You put it over the hole of the toilet and push down. Keep doing it until it unclogs. I have had better luck with the kind that have an "accordian" head on them rather than the regular ones (they cost a little more, but do a much better job). As a single mom I also once had to use a "snake" to clear the toilet lines - they sell them at any hardware store and push whatever is causing the blockage further down the pipes.

Answer by missanc at 2:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Might consider dating "handymen" ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Are you serious?
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• you have to buy a good heavy duty plunger not one of the cheap ones from the dollar store and you stick it in and pump it up and down and the flush. toliet no longer clogged
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011