Which sippy cups are best?

My son is 19 months and has bit holes in the rubber tops of his cups. We still give him milk in bottles but he has done the same with them. What cups should I buy that are durable and in-expensive?

econnis

Asked by econnis at 11:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The ones that worked for us (we have a 20m old and the SAME problem!) are either the really cheap Nuby cups (they're like $1 at walmart and have a hard spout) or any of the Playtex line.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I like the gerber cups with the hard top. They work really well. I had one child that would not use a sippy cup and we had to teach him to use a straw or just drink from the cup like we would.

It is always a possibilty. They don't have to have a sippy cup.
    standr4

Answer by standr4 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Really, it's whichever ones your little one will use. My DD likes the Gerber sippy cups.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My son is the same way! We bought a Gerber brand sippy cup, and the top is hard plastic with a valve he cant bite through. Plus it is insulated and has frogs on it (which he loves)!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• BTW we bought them at Walmart.
    taracv

• I personally like the Playtex or Gerber line. They don't seem to leak as bad!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I will only use Gerber or Nuby, the nuby's have silicone though. The gerber ones are the only ones that have been truly leak free.
    mom2rjn

Answer by mom2rjn at 11:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I like the platex ones, the sipper is hard plastic!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2008