what can i give my almost 2 year old for a cough and stuffy nose?

Kainalu55

Asked by Kainalu55 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• triametic makes several different meds that are just for the symptoms your child has and it works great. thats what i would suggest.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The Pediatricians Assosciation (I dont know what it's 'officially' called) reacently advised not to give any kind of cough or cold medicine to children under 6. At such a young age, only a small small amount of the medicine is even present, not enough to help your child at all, and to give them enough to help would be extremely dangerous and damaging to them.

However, my doctor told me it was ok to try benedryl just to help soothe her throat.
    swtdreamsofyou1

Answer by swtdreamsofyou1 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I use a teaspoon of honey and/or Vick's Vapor Rub on my son's feet and then I put socks on him. If one or the other doesn't work alone, almost every time the combo works like a charm.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I give my children - Body Balance and other products that we have Collordial Silver and Taheebo
    to boost their immune system www.Healthy4Body.com
    Check it out.
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Lots of vitamin C, water, and rest. Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than let it run it's course. Use some vics on their feet, and you might try some saline drops........hang in there.......tis the season I guess......we've been sick since October.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 9:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2008