Should I tell my friend about her rule breaking son?

My friend has asked me that if I ever see her son drive with another person in the car to please tell her. I pick my son up everyday from school and my friend's son sees me. Yesterday, I saw my friend's son give a car ride to his girl friend. The teenage boy will know that it is me or my son who told on him. I don't care if he is angry at me but I don't want him to take this out on my son. My friend should know better, he is not a bad kid but does not always follow the rules she imposes on him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Question:

Answer:
    My friend has asked me that if I ever see her son drive with another person in the car to please tell her.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• honestly what child follows that rule? i know she asked you to tell her its not like hes out smoking crack or something. id say its only a matter of time befor he gets caught on his own. id just let it go and stay out of it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Nah, Don't bother.
    If it's this much to think about then it's not worth it.
    Remember when you were that age? =D
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't tell her but I would call the campus safety officer and ask if he could warn him It is against the law here.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would so tell the mom. She asked you to let her know about a safety issue as her friend....in regards to her child. Would you want her to do the same for you?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if you want her to tell you if she sees your son violating rules then yeah.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I think you should let her know. It is never fun being the parent that has to tell but, ask yourself the question wouldn't you want someone to tell you when your child was doing something you would not want them to do. It is no fun but, yet the right thing to do. I have had a mother tell me when they say my daughter doing wrong and I was not happy to hear but, still happy to hear that they came to me and let me know.
    lfee1029

Answer by lfee1029 at 2:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• If she asked you to I would. I had a neighbor that we made a pact ... if we heard anything we would tell each other.. Her son was doing doughnuts right between two school busses! LOL
    I told her privately. She was grateful. Boys! Gotta love em'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• depends on how good your relationship is with that lady. I had a situation go bad, the grandparents are raising this boy....he has gone on to beating up "friends" so bad some end up in the hospital...and they lie or act like people are over reacting...

I still believe "it takes a village to raise a child" but it hasn't worked for me yet...
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 7:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would tell the boy that you saw him and that his mom had asked you to tell her if you saw anything like this...so here is your one and done strike..and if I you see him do it again you will report it to his mom.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2008