Eye glass weares i need help.

I just got my new eye glasses from AFEWEAR.com/framesdirect.com
i have not worn eye glasses since 1999. Im Near sighted. I cant read with them on a laptop but i can read on a paper. I can see far away clear now, even a few feet away watching tv. but when i walk and look down the floor/carpet looks high. everything looks small like a miniature house lol. and most importantly, the glasses force me to cross my eyes and get blurry. Im not purposely crossing my eyes. they just do it. i dont get it, is this normal because i dont wear glasses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would give your eyes a week to adjust to them. If the problem still exists, you might need bi-focals.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'd give it a couple of days and if things don't change take them back. When I first got bifocals I couldn't walk up/down stairs for several days without tripping, so I do know your eyes have to adjust.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It will take a few days to adjust... If is doesn't take them in and have the prescription checked. They may have miss measured the focal point int he glass, they may have missed the prescription by a bit... any number of things. It does take a little time though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• What are Bi Focals? Well i got my eyes checked and the eye doc said i was near sighted and that was it. I had a little but of astigmatism (SP?) The website i got it from told me i can exchange the lense i think but i cant get my money back
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Maybe your prescription is wrong?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• the eye doctor office told me they dont do the Pupil distance because its not required by law but the website does. so my husband measured my pupil distance 3 times and came out to 61mm. it makes no sense i can see clear far but i cant see clear on a Laptop screen. I have tried reading a book yet
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• well my prescription was done June 10th and i tried really hard to get the stuff correct. You know when they say is this one better or this one. 1 or 2. 3 or 4 lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If your glasses are for reading then you can't walk around with them because you need distance vision for that. 

I am near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other.  I have bifocals which means means there are two different prescriptions in each lens.  The top of the glass is for distance and the bottom is for reading. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ohhhhh. ok well my prescription just had numbers on it. I just entered them on the website. all the eye doc lady said was I have very little astigmatism and im near sighted. thats all she said. i entered the numbers on the website, had DH do the pupil distance. i can see better now far, everything is clear and actually brighter weird. but trying to read on a laptop makes my eyes blurry and hurt. I will give it a week
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• When I got my glasses, I was told not to wear them while reading/doing things close to my face. They were ONLY for distance. I think I would be looking for a different doctor, if possible.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011