screaming baby

so i came home for lunch today to find my almost three month old screaming her head off!!! My grandma said that it had been going on for two hours(she tried to call me but i work in a school and didnt' notice on my phone) She wouldn't eat, screamed louder when you tried to sit down with her, and sounded like something was hurting. my gma had already given her some med. for gas and that didn't help. I gave her a little bit more amost two hours after her first dose and she would finally eat for me a little(bf baby) and then she went to sleep. she is exhausted. the dr can't get us in till 3:30. any suggestions or ideas??? has hasn't had a bowl movement for two days but her last one was really big.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could just be growing pains. Kaylee would do that, she would scream all day long for no apparent reason, and then the next day be fine. Ask your doctor about what dose size you can give her of some pain meds, and giver her extra hugs and cuddles.

Also remember that she is human...after crying so much, she could have given herself a headache, in return making her cry more because her head hurts. Thats what my daughters pedi told me when I went through the same thing as you. She also told me that Kaylee's gums were "full" and the pain could be from her jaw starting to expand to accommodate all the developing teeth.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• try a warm bath and a tummy rub, maybe a small about of Karo syrup in her bottle to get her bowles moving - if you notice that she is louder when she is sitting or laying down go to the doc and check for a ear infection - also ask your doc about Tylenol it is very possible that she might be teething my son got two teeth just before he was 4 months old and he would scream until I gave him a small dose of Tylenol

Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my son had a hernia in his groin and is the same age as your daughter. he had it his whole life but we didn;t notice it until a few weeks ago because they pop in and out and are hidden by the diaper. BUT let me tell you he screamed! And almost nothing helped. By the time we took him in for surgery on Wednesday he was only sleeping a total of 4 hours a day. Now he is a totally different child! Thank God! Also he hasnt had a bowl movement in a couple days as well and is obviously constipated most likely from surgery so when he tries to poop he screams bloody murder. Our doc said we could give hims ome pear juice I'll let you know how it works out ;) The final thing may be teething or an earache. Watch to see if she pull son her ears. Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• it might be that she constipated you said she hasn't had a bowel in 2 day, and eating causes her to have abdominal cramps maybe the the doctor can give you rx for colace to release her bowel. whats your diet like? if you ate chocolate, soda or lots of greens veg it might have given her gas sometimes we forget that what we eat might make there little tummy irritated.

good luck
    njsaucedo

Answer by njsaucedo at 5:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008