How big is your 2 1/2 year old boy?

My son will be 2 1/2 next week and is 25lbs. I feel like he's a peanut. How big is your 2.5 year old, or how big was your son at 2.5?

kmqw229

Asked by kmqw229 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine is huge. 39 pounds. He is very tall and looks like a 4 year old.

He will probably surpass me in height somewhere around the 3rd grade, as i am a shorty.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Children grow at their own rate. Examine a growth chart, which isn't a guide to what your child SHOULD be, only what most children ARE. The average height for a 2 1/2 yr old boy is between 33-38 inches. The average weight is between 24-34 pounds. According to this, your son is on the light side for his age, but if he is also a little shorter, then his weight is just fine. If he is average or tall compared to others, then he might be underweight. If he is smaller than others his age, this is not a cause for concern. The chart is just a tool, used to track his growth and development. If he was growing fine, and then suddenly stops growing, the doctor may schedule some tests to look for a cause. If he hits a sudden growth spurt, this too may signify something isn't right. And some boys just are late-bloomers. My DH grew several inches AFTER he graduated from high school!
    Give your son a multivitamin and relax.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 11:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My 2 1/2 yo weighs 26 lbs. He's not "little" (especially when compared to his 11 month old 14 lbs sister), but he's not big either.

Answer by missanc at 3:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My 7 month old boy is 24lbs 8oz.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 3:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my 14 month old is 28lbs and 33 inches, he has always been off the charts
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011