Movies innapropriate for my child?

X-men first class, and green lantern are playing in the drive in movie tonight. They are both pg 13. My chid is almost 6, and i get very iffy with pg 13 movies- the majority he doesn't watch. Does anyone know how much violence is in these? And the type of violence? Is it like people just fighting, or people getting shot and blood goin everywhere?- stuff like that. And does anyway know about the language content in these movies? Help woulod be greatly appreciated. -Im pretty positive he will be passed out before x men so im more worried about green lantern. thank you all!

sillymumof2

Asked by sillymumof2 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• GO to IMDB.com and they should have parental guidelines. It will give you the breakdown of language, violence, nudity, drugs, gore all of that. I was comfortable with my kids seeing First Class, but we haven't seen Green Lantern yet.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Look at http://www.kids-in-mind.com/

It breaks down into 3 catagories - each movie - Sex&Nudity, Violence&Gore, Profanity.  From there it is a 1-10 rating scale that isn't influenced by the MPAA ratings system.  They tell you what to expect in each catagory.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• There is also a Focus on the Family movie review site if you are wanting to know the things she stated above from a religious viewpoint.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I understand your concern. I have a four year old and some movies I am okay with him watching, Nims's Whimsy, and other older films where violence and language are not an issue. On the other hand some movies have more than their fair share. I find movie reviews helpful but I have learned what some find acceptable I do not.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011