Chance of having to get induced for a first time momma

What is the chance of having to get induced for being a first time momma?

not for medical reasons but for the reasoning being that baby doesn't want to come out by my due date...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it just depends. I was induced due to high blood pressure and then the next time was past my due date. It can happen even for a first delivery and just depends on yours and your baby health.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• its hard to say. i was induced with my first but lots of friends of mine haven't had to be induced so it's all up to your body.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 3:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I was induced due to blood pressure issues. But I had those going into the pregnancy, which put me at a higher risk.

With a healthy pregnancy, it should be low. I would ask your OB what their policies are and how often the induce women. That will give you a better idea of what you are facing. But most won't induce unless you are overdue, and/or have medical complications.
    troeltc

Answer by troeltc at 3:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• at my 38 week dr apt we had talked about inducement after 39 weeks. My water did not brake so he gave me the opption to wait it out or schedule an inducement! I picked inducement bc I wad ready lol meet my bby boy. this pregnanxy ima wait :)
    Mommyof2wonders

Answer by Mommyof2wonders at 3:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Not usually. All 3 of my kids I went past the due date with them. The youngest was 9 days past the due date. I had gestational diabetes so that meant a bigger baby. I was finally induced with him and weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz.

My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 3:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm so anxious to meet my little one, but I'm definitely not pushing an induction because I hear it can lead to a greater chance of having to get a c-section, doctor will only induce me if I go past my due date.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011