I'm pregnant

I am 18 weeks along. My ex boyfriend told me to get an abortion when I told him I thought I was. I broke up with him over it and told him it was a false alarm. Now it's 12 weeks later, I am showing and I have gotten back together with another ex boyfriend (we dated for 7 years) and now are getting married. Is it wrong for my fiance to claim the baby? He knows she is not his but doesn't care and my ex wanted me to get an abortion anyway so if it were up to him, she wouldn't even exists.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Why would it be wrong? Will your fiance be adopting the baby?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 3:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You need to tell the real father. It is not fair to him or the baby. If he so chooses to give up any responsibility then he has to do so legally. I know it sucks, but its the right thing to do.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• tarrar, I feel he already gave up rights when he told me to get an abortion. He didn't want the baby and if it was up to him, she wouldn't be on the way at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• zboys, we will be married so he won't have to legally adopt her, she will legally be his by default since we are married.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Its not wrong for him to claim the baby but you do really need to tell the real father because he does have a right to know.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think you should let your ex know that you are pregnant & it wasn't a false alarm because you can't keep a child from his father I think you can even get in trouble for that if your ex was to find out later on you had his baby & he decides to fight for rights over the baby, now if your ex still doesn't want anything to do with the baby then just tell him to sign his rights up to you & your fiance so that way you have everything done legally & you can have a happy life. GL! & congrats on your baby & engagement =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If I were in your situation I would tell the real father because when my daughter is old enough I would want to tell her the truth but i would not want her to think i kept her from being able to have a relationship with her father
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• honestly if i were u id just put ur fiances name on the birth certificate and just be done with it ..
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You have to decide what is fair to your baby! It is not fair to not allow your ex to attempt to be a good father. If your finance wants to step in as a major role model in his life good for him but he is not the fatehr.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have talked to a lawyer about it, I can't get in trouble for it, especially because I have the e-mail where he told me to get an abortion
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011