What do you think about this?

Maybe I'm a real... oldfashioned Mom stuck in the 50's or 70's or whatever but I make it work to be at home in the summer for my kid but find it very hard cuz others let their kids go WILLY NILLY and I find my daughter unshaperoned at 11 years old and they are walking the street at 10:30 in the morning after the Mom has gone to work. What do you think of this? Am I being too overly protective? or a GOOD Mom and wanting my daughter to be in a good position.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would be pretty ticked to find my child wandering the streets unchaperoned when someone else was supposed to be watching her. And my child would not be returning to that home unless I was going too.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Honestly, my first question is why you didn't ask who was going to be watching the kids while she was over there. The first words out of my mouth after my kids ask to go to a friends' house is "Who's going to be there watching you guys?" Is it the mom? The dad? The friend's irresponsible teenage sibling? That's important info for me and it avoids miscommunications like this.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 4:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I didn't know that she wasn't taking the day off or something. Oh, maybe everyone nowadays does this leaves there kids to fend for themselves????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• They called from the pool and asked and I just said yes as I knew the kids and parents but didn't think. Do you all expect a parent to be there in the morning for your young kid??? I don't know what's up these days????!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• At 11 years old no I would not leave my child unattended all summer. They would be in some sort of summer program, or staying somewhere where I know there will be a responsible adult supervising.
    Anonymous