Skinny people make me sick....Always complaining about something...

Yes, that is what someone told me this morning because I was talking about my disgust and frustration with myself for getting so lax with my exercising... Yes, I am a size 2, but to me that just means that I have a small frame, not that my body is perfect.

That comment just really hurt me because lady you don't see me naked. you see me with clothes on so you just can't tell that my body is not perfectly shaped. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "You lose weight to look good in clothes, but you work out to look good naked"???? That means there is a difference between how some one looks in flattering clothes and how they look outside of them...

Maybe that just shocked me to have someone overgeneralize that, but ugh it ticked me off.

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been at both ends of the spectrum. I was skinny and very muscular in high school because of the Classical Ballet classes and Dance company I was in. At that time I couldn't keep the weight on unless I Ate twice as much as others. Think little thing eating a double lunch then going around the table saying you gonna eat that? Yea I had the boys looking at me like I had three heads. Fast forward about four years and no more dance. I blew up to over 180 lbs. I still ate as much as I did when dancing. I did take off the weight but it was hard. Now to today. 5 kids later I'm right in the weight range for my age but I could stand to work out, tone up lose about 5-10 lbs. When I mention this to my bigger friends they're all over me. Saying your fine blah blah blah. I'm not fine I'm uncomfortable. Heavier people are jealous and don't understand the problems that skinny people have. We have the same health concerns as they do.
    daps

Answer by daps at 4:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Gotta point out - generalizations are being on the other end of the spectrum, too.

I'm sorry you're getting this - but not all heavy people say things because they're jealous. I think no matter what your body is like or how much you weigh, people are going to judge and make assumptions.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have lost 480 pounds and find comments either offensive o have fifty more to go people see me and crack lazy remarks so either way they should get thr bird.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Get the birf lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think that comment is inappropriate, but I will say that if someone continuously complains about something, that in and of itself would probably annoy people. The person probably thinks that you're complaining for no reason.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• That's an insane over-generalization and very ignorant. Whoever said it is probably just overweight and very frustrated that skinny people feel the need to improve their health and fitness too. Some people see me (110lbs) and say, "well YOU could eat chocolate and not worry!" but no, I can't if I want to STAY slim!! I go hungry all the time because I'd rather be hungry than fat. But overweight people may sometimes think that those of us who are slim have life easy. It's just ignorant.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i don't blame you
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• judimary- My mother says stuff like that to me all the time. That I need to go eat a sandwich or something ridiculous like that, which I find completely asinine. No I can't just eat whatever I want and still be my size, so thats why I don't. I don't drink soda because it causes me to bloat and my face to break. I don't eat fast food because my stomach cannot handle it. I work my butt off to not be another African American female that is overweight with hypertension and heart disease. Shouldn't that be a good thing???? Ugh... I stared at that person because I was at a lost for words.
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It's nice to know I'm not alone! :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The difference is we do something about it. Now there are people that are big and in great health. It's just the they are. Those are the people that others need to stop getting all over. What it all comes down to is health. not weight. Now the real reason I need to tone up. I had a hip replacement last year I would like it to last more then 10- 15 years. I would like it to be my last. So yes I do look good in the clothes I wear, but toning and losing weight would go a long way for me.
    daps

Answer by daps at 4:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011