Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scoliosis and spinal tap for csection

Since the csection...a few days later I began getting this stinging burning pain below my right shoulder blade with back spasm to follow in that area then it moves across my mid back. I can't walk around longer than three minutes. I see my doc Monday....this hurts. Anyone else have this happen?

Answer Question

Asked by favoritehippie at 3:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • There is a difference between a spinal tap and an epidural. I'd go to a chiropractor. I normally do after all my surgeries that require anything to do with my back.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • I understand the differences just not this pain

    Comment by favoritehippie (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • Have you ever had surgery for scoliosis? I had it when I was 13 and I'm not able to have a spinal or an epidural. They put a steel rod in my back. If you have anything like this in your back, I do not recommend going to a chiropractor. My physician at that time told me never go to one.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • IDK,maybe a nerve was nicked,hope you feel better

    Answer by RobinChristine at 2:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • No surgery for the scoliosis as I just learned with this pregnancy I have it. He did poke on a nerve that made me twist my body uncontrollably to the left. Thanks for your responses ;)

    Comment by favoritehippie (original poster) at 6:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.