Pagans,tell me about your faith!

newmom300

Asked by newmom300 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• All of them, or is there one in particular you're interested in?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pagan is a nature-based faith, seeing God in Nature. I'm a pantheist, but I came to where I am via pagan beliefs and Buddhism. There's a lot of variety in what is considered "pagan" though.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• May I presume you are talking about our individual beliefs and paths?

If so ... I have a an eclectic blend of beliefs. I firmly believe there is a higher power that created life, the universe and everything. I believe that higher power is energy and not male or female. I think man (all of us) attribute human qualities (he/she) so that we can relate to it better. I believe that what you send out into the universe you will get back. I believe in magick and the power of prayer. I believe we each have to search for our own path and not blindly follow a path made by our parents or friends just b/c it is "easier".

This is a very basic outline ... there is not enough room to clearly explain my beliefs without making several posts.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• There are so many pagan paths! For me, being Pagan means respecting & honoring nature & life. I believe in the God and the Goddess. I believe in the healing & transforming power of prayer & believe that magic is prayer in a different form. I believe the spirit world is very close to ours. I believe in the power of the elements. If you are really interested, check out your local library. Deborah Blake has a great book on the very basics of being a Witch.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm Germanic Heathen. We get lumped in under the "pagan" label, but most of use would rather not be. It's kind of like making people stop saying "irregardless" - once they're used to doing they won't stop. You can read more about it here:

http://www.wyrdwords.vispa.com/heathenry/callusheathen.html

http://www.thetroth.org/index.php?page=mission&title=About%20Us%20|%20The%20Troth&css=style2&pagestyle=mid

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Im eclectic in my path.

I believe in the Divine(male and female). I believe there must be a balance in all things(male/female, light/dark, that kind of thing). I believe in energy and magick. I believe in karma and doing no harm. I believe in rebirth and that when all the lessons we wanted to learn are through we reunite with the Universe and become one with it doing whatever our energy is needed to do.

I believe there is a bit of Divine in each of us. I believe they helped get the Universe going then stepped back and let evolution take it from there.
    I believe in doing good whereever/whenever I can and I believe in honoring and respecting the Earth and everything around me and the cycles of the Earth as well as the elements.

Thats some of my particular path.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Amaranth ... your beliefs sound very much like my own.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Shamanism is what I am currently studying and I love every minute of it. I am like what my ancestors were as the American Indians and I am one with nature. I believe we are all connected by our energy and that we have it within ourselves to maintain the truth, peace and quality of life we want
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I just got what u believe in..but there is something that i didn't get..who are your God and Goddess? I mean what exactly do you worship?
    newmom300

Comment by newmom300 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I mean what exactly do you worship?

There is no such thing as the "Pagan Religion". The answer to that question will be different for every single religion that gets lumped in together as pagan. Even if SW or SB answer that, it's highly unlikely that the god and goddess they name will be the same ones meant by someone else. If they are, it's purely coincidence. Mine has over 40 gods and goddesses, there are 30 Welsh, and over a dozen Celtic, and that's just 3 of dozens of faiths. People may worship all or any of any single pantheon, or even mix ones from multiple pantheons (so say choose a Celtic god, 2 Welsh gods and 3 Greek goddesses).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011