Unemployment rate & job growth

An unemployment rate of 4% is considered healthy. What is 9.1?

What is the breakdown of the good, bad & the ugly of unemployment?

Also, Washington DC is said to have the most job postings as compared to people looking for jobs? What can be said about this (does it appeal to certain industries or any kind of job)?

Also, for those who are living in Midland & Odessa, TX, how easy is it to find a job in your location? If I moved there, how long would I expect to find a job?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Western North Dakota has the most job postings compared to number of people looking. They have more jobs in the area than they do people, if you can't get a job here then you are simply unemployable.

DC is the largest metropolitan area with job postings/number of people looking.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 9:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you are looking to move to the Midland/Odessa area, I suggest you register NOW with the Texas Workforce Commission's job bank Work in TExas http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobs/job.html

they can start matching you up with available jobs. Although the job market in the state Texas isn't as bad as many other places, it is still hard to find work, particularly in West Texas, and it may take you a while so I highly recommend you start now.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Avoid Cali because there are no jobs here. Although my mil is an alcoholic, with a terrible work record, on food stamps and can get job interviews but me with military experience and a great work history can't even get a call back
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 6:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011