Interviewing for a teaching position

I graduated 2 years ago, but have yet to find a job. I know the market is slim right now, but how can I guarantee I am the one who nails the job next week? I'm good at what I do, and I finally got a two-month interim position teaching 1st grade, which just ended a few weeks ago. I just don't have the experience they are looking for.

What are principals/administrators really looking for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Experience, education, and excitement?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Well, the experience part is the problem! How do I win them over if I've only had this 2-month gig and otherwise just my student teaching?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You have the education...just have some confidence in yourself! Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Excitement, dedication, optimism, and willingness to go the extra distance will help. Best of luck to you!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• This past school year, the Chicago Public schools only hired new teachers from Teach for America.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2011