Looking for the best places to find a job

As I look through online articles for the best places to find a job, seems that these articles cannot agree with each other. Some seem to be a complete opposite of each other.

For example, Jacksonville FL was said to have job growth, but another source said high unemployment rate.

Then Kansas City was said to be top ten in June 2011, but it ranks at 9.1 in unemployment and not even in the top 25 according to Career Builder. I am so confused.

One sources said Odessa, Tx has a job growth of 4.4%, but another source said the city had a negative.

When these articles come out updated to the current month, which source do you find to be most accurate?

Thanks

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 4:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Unemployment stats come from a state's unemployment bureau (or job and family services, whatever your state happens to call it). These stats only measure who is receiving unemployment benefits. They don't take into account people who have exhausted benefits or people who are under employed.

Your best bet would be to do searches for the type of job you want and go wherever your industry has openings.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I agree...you should look to see where your industry is thriving not all jobs in general. Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You have a better chance of finding a job in an area where you have a strong network

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would put in the kind of job you want and go from there.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Online, I think is where most of the current employment growth is occurring. https://profiles.google.com/Tiredoftradingdollarsforhours
    Check out my profile, there are numerous articles showing about the growth online using inbound marketing.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I listen to a financial show every week and they say the best areas are Boston, California, and DC right now. Google best areas for jobs and read articles form reliable sources like Money Magazine, etc. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2011