Is there anything more I can do?

To increase breastmilk supply? I'm not giving up yet even though I am struggling to keep up with my son I am trying to give him as much milk as possible. I've had some weird suggestions from people. I am so not drinking beer lol but all other advise welcome. I am drinking mothers milk tea and having lots of oats and fenugreek in my diet even taking a prescription my ob said might help. Anything else?

LovableFox

Asked by LovableFox at 4:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try taking blessed thistle, I heard that with that and fenugreek together it'spretty good.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How about pumping in between feedings it will help increase your milk supply.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You're doing all I would suggest except nurse more often....nurse nurse nurse that is the best way!!!!!!!!! How old is he? If he's just a few weeks, don't worry it takes a little time. Do you have a pump? You can pump right after he eats for a few minutes, tha'll help too.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I use a manual pump most of the time because it is just as effective as the electric one and even when I pump every two hours i cannot get any more not near enough sometimes and it really gets to me. :(
    LovableFox

Comment by LovableFox (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Just keep in mind also that you will never pump as much as your baby can get while nursing, so don't use that as a guide as to how much he's getting. Have you seen a lactation consultant? They will have you feed him then weigh him to see how much he's eaten. Has the pedi said he's not gaining weight to stadard? Or are you just thinking he's not getting enough? Often times babies are getting more than mommy thinks. My personal favorite breastfeeding momma on here is gdiamante, she's my BF expert and has helped me a great deal. Look her up and ask :) GL to you
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i would get a hold of la leche league. it could just be that your breasts are use to the extra supply and have a lot more in them than you think.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The more you pump the more milk you will have. If not, it's just not going to happen.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I've always heard the more you pump or feed the more you make.. Good luck
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would definitely try to get in touch with a La Leche League in your area if you want to keep trying. What makes you think you aren't making enough? Sometimes babies just want to comfort suck and they aren't always hungry :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Which electric pump, Fox? Some are crud.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2011