Enema...yeah, maybe tmi but I'm flippin' out! adult content

Ok, took a fleet enema thing at 730pm last night, 24 hours later, I'm still gassy and having the "urge", I can't eat without being nauseaous and it's driving me crazy. I'm not preggers as I took a test and it's negative and it's highly unlikely.

My question is... how long is this fleet stuff supposed to react and what the heck is going on with my body.. I feel disgusting!

only serious answers please, I'm going to the doc on monday.... I'm on EST and couldn't make it on time today..possibly going to the er if it gets worst. HELP!

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• Side Effects by Body System - for Healthcare Professionals
    Gastrointestinal

Gastrointestinal side effects of the tablet form of sodium biphosphate and sodium phosphate have included bloating (31% to 41%), nausea (26% to 30%), abdominal pain (23% to 25%), and vomiting (4% to 9%). The enema form has caused anal irritation, diarrhea, nausea, and stomach cramps.
    http://www.drugs.com/sfx/fleet-enema-side-effects.html
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 4:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ok, so you ARE going now? Thats ok. It hasn't hurt you, it's just getting out A LOT of stuff that's backed up. When we poo, we don't clear EVERYTHING- watch a youtube vid on a colonic (spelling)- there is a LOAD of CRAP (literal) in there and the Fleet is probably just hauling that out as well.
    Have you called your doc's oncall and just let them know what's happening?
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 4:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• did you try just some ex-lax, thats the worst feeling in the world when your backed up=( your doctor should give you a prescription maybe if you just call.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Sometimes they DON'T work. When I was 19, I got "impacted" and I did three and NOTHING happened. Dr said DO NOT TAKE LAXATIVES. I ended up taking a dose of X-lax and LIVING on the toilet for 3 straight days.
    Being impacted is SERIOUS. How long has it been since you- RELIEVED?
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 4:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, I'm scared to take anything else. I was up all night with this issue and I'm still going....
    VanessaMomof2

Comment by VanessaMomof2 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Colace is OTC and is a MUCH more gentle way to loosen, but I'd be checked for impaction before messing with anything (depending on how long since you pooed)
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 4:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ALSO- the Fleet should have worked by now i was going too.
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 4:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• SO recommended the enema, I didn't want to but he said it would work... now I can't STOP going... is 24 hours later normal?
    VanessaMomof2

Comment by VanessaMomof2 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How long does it take a Fleet laxative enema to relieve constipation?
    Results will vary, but it usually begins to work within five minutes.

-from- http://www.fleetlabs.com/faq.php
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 4:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Milk of magnesia helps out with out stimulants. Meaning its gentle on you with no cramping. I am preggo and I didn't get to go for 9 days! I had to use a fleet and milk of magnesia. System was clear in about 3 hours total. Good luck. The enema should have been almost instant. You can only use it once every 24 hours though. If you don't like ex-lax give the magnesia a try it works in 1/2 hour to 6 hours.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 4:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011