Gift ideas for fathers day

I so donot know what to get my dad. I need ideas? I don't want to give money because he is an alcoholic so I am afraid he will use his money on that. He doesn't have money now since he can't work. Plus he is in the hospital right now he was addmitted yesterday so I don't know what to get hom. If you say a gift card how much? Honestly I don't even think he would use a gift card. I don't want to give him a certificate to a restreaunt because he never goes to them. What else is there? Something cheap since I don't have much money, but want to get him something since I got my mom flowers for mothers day I would feel bad not getting him anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• sorry he is going through a rough time right now :(

does he like going to places like walmart, home depot, lowes, etc? if so, get him a giftcard there. and the amount is up to you, whatever you think is sufficient. my dad's birthday just passed and i got him a $25 to walmart (his favorite store) and he was happy with that. we don't have much money so he understood. for father's day, my mom told me he needs socks so he's getting that and i'm taking him out to a chinese restaurant.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• thank you...no he doesn't go to places like that. Really all he does is sit in his room that is why I don't know what to get him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If he likes sports at all you could get him this book, "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN". I have gotten it for my husband because he likes to read about behind the scenes stuff about sportscasters and such. Its about $20. Thats the only idea I have! Good luck and I hope things get better for your dad!
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011