Does anyone know how to...

Does anyone know how to make the homemade ornaments? I made them before when I was young with my mom and sisters and we dried them somehow and hung them on the tree. I asked my mom how to make them and she can't remember..LOL. I wanted to let my son make some for the tree this year and cannot find how to. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Mom2Dano

Asked by Mom2Dano at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• 1/2 cup of ground cinnamon
    1/3 cup of applesauce
    2 tbsp white glue

roll out on a cinnamon covered surface to 1/4" thick cut with cookie cutters. use a straw to poke a hole to hang the ornament. Bake on 175 until hardened or air dry turning several times a day. Have Fun :o)
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• are you talking about the glass balls? Spun satin? or the dough kind?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• look up cinnamon ornament recipe on the web and it will give you a whole bunch of choices. I'm assuming your talking about the kind you made a dough out of then used a cookie cutter and let them dry and decorate?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2008