• In the Spotlight:

How many military women have been cheated on?

The military, any branch, is full of cheating. Besides the young marriages what is it? What has happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• On the other side I have witnessed MANY MANY military wives do the cheating because they dont want to deal with the military life or just are skanks and the guy didnt realize it prior or the relationship had issues anyways before marriage.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 3:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I don't think it's just young marriages. I know plenty of men who have been married for decades and they cheat like crazy. Could be bc they can. Women are attracted to men in uniform so opportunity is probably a factor. Many of these guys lie and say they are not married. These guys carry themselves well and show confidence. That's a turn on to women. They are aggressive. Many women love that. These guys are in great shape and love the attention other women give them. Men are not naturally monogomous. Lots of reasons for it. I was with a guy for several months before someone told me he was married. He told me he was a widower and was seeing a dozen other women when I met him so I had no reason to doubt he was available. I felt awful for his wife. This is a small community. That's got to be hard on her when she finds/found out he's making a fool of her.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Those are all good points up above. I second those.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Some of it has to do with age. Lots of these men get married right out of HS & they're still CHILDREN. They're still trying to grow up, but they can't do a lot of the things they want to do b/c they're married and maybe have kids... so they act out, like a CHILD does.
    My husband is faithful, but several of our friends cheated on their wives during or after their deployment. It's ridiculous.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• People are going to cheat regardless of what their professions are. It really has nothing to do with them being in the military.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 5:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Married to military. He's cheated on me 6times now! He doesn't know but i hacked into his myspace and read every comment and all these girls were saying to him. He's only told me he's cheated once. But the last time was the last time. He slept w a lesbian just bc they we're both horney and i was visiting my parents (I was only gone the weekend!!) yeah, the papers are being typed and custody being filed. As soon as he gets back from Afghanistan he's getting papers served!
    Anonymous

• My sister was a cheating wife. There is more cheating in the military. Sure anyone can cheat, but the young marriages and inexperience and being on your own for the first time at 20 is a big thing. I think you should not be allowed to get married if you are in the military until you are 21.
    Anonymous

• I was married to a military man, and he cheated on me like crazy. And then has the nerve to be mad at me and blame me for not trusting him!
    Turtle207

Answer by Turtle207 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008