Is a pregnancy test still reliable after the 10 minute mark?

I took a fact plus test and after 3 minutes i read it and it showed negative so in the next 7 minutes i was going to go back to read it again because the directions said within ten minutes but i didnt end up getting back to it until about 13 to 15 minutes after i preformed the test and it was positive!! Is it still reliable even though it was 3 to 5 minutes over the time limit? it was a thick blue line right down the middle.

lover42694

Asked by lover42694 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No because you can get a positive result that is really an evaporation line which is not an accurate positive.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would take another one. I think it's probably a BFP and you just didn't see it within the ten minutes, but you can get evap lines and other weird things over time. I'm betting it's going to be positive though!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ok thanks i was just wondering because it was only 3 or 5 minutes over the times so it wasnt that long so i wasnt sure if an evaportation line could show up that fast after the 10 minute mark!
    lover42694

Comment by lover42694 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• no it tells you right there on the box when to read it by and throw it out if not read by a certain amount of time
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It could be an evaporation line. I'd retake it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Nope, it even says so on the box.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think its positive.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 6:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think it might be positive but I would take another test to be sure.
    momma_twins7317

Answer by momma_twins7317 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, Throw it out and take another. You need to be sure to read it within the time frame...Ive always had my result within like 1 minute..And yes, and evaporation line can show up within 10 min...mine were showing up after just 5 minutes with FRER
    kirasmommy7

Answer by kirasmommy7 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would take another one just to be safe and read it within the time frame.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011