S/o Should Christian employers be allowed to deny insurance to non-Christian employees or their non-Christian dependants?

In the other question, someone made this statement:
"A Christian employer would have to give benefits to a gay spouse, for example. I think homosexuality is a sin. In fact everyone who is a Christian must consider it a sin. You don't get to chose which parts of Christianity you pick. "

If that's true, and the reason for denying gay marriage, shouldn't that also mean that employers are currently being unfairly forced to provide insurance to other sinners? The agnostics, and the Sikh, and the gluttons who get lunch from McD's everyday, and the greedy ones who want higher salaries, or the prideful ones who get their nails done?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think I love you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You're a tease. You'll say that today and argue with me again next week.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• thats wrong.. they should have to insure everyone working there!!! Doesnt matter their religion!. i can not help i was born JEWISH and not christian.
    Anonymous

• i very much agree with the gluttony one. in fact if i recall correctly, gluttony is a more serious "sin" than homosexuality, but you don't see "christians" protesting the morbidly obese at the buffet
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yeah well I get insurance because I am a sinner of epic proportion I file my horns down daily. I think if you work it should not matter what sin you committ in your own time as long as they get the cut from you and thei portion is small does it matter?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You forgot the hypocrites who dont' get the beams out of their eyes, the ones who are committing sins in their heart (lust), the ones who are coveting their neighbor's wives.

At this rate, the Christians' won't insure anyone. Because we are ALL sinners! Duh. I don't know about your church, but mine is not a wating room for saints, it's a hospital for sinners! And, I love it like that.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Their
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Haha, obbydobbie, can I love her too please? We can share, right?

Yeah, i'm thinking that would be discrimination, no matter what sin we're referring to. As far as employers go, things like sex, race, religion, etc shouldn't even be an issue, it should be strictly focused on how individuals are qualified for a specific job. But we all know this isn't always the case. Boo on that!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Basically, no one would have any benefits whatsoever because we are all supposed to be "sinners'.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011