Who has seen the size 4(girls) high heels at Target and Macy's? They look so silly in that size!

I was at Target today looking for a pair of black espadrilles and I saw the funniest thing! They have high heeled shoes for little girls! Its the dumbest looking thing ever. I can see why a kid might like them, I suppose. It makes them feel older, and more sophisticated. But they just looked so weird. Or am I just behind the times as usual? The whole kids section was weird to me. Do 9yr old girls go to night clubs or something? There are outfits there that no 20yr old would wear unless she was going to be waiting in a hotel lobby for a "date". Seriously? My niece doesn't wear that kind of stuff. I don't think you could force her to!

martine1778

Asked by martine1778 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Reasons why I'm so glad I have a boy lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• there also very bad for there feet and can cauges problems that will effect them the rest of there lifes
    Anonymous

• I don't have a girl and if I did I wouldn't buy them for her BUT I can fit in kids size 4/5 shoes and have bought kids shoes for myself if they don't look too kidish.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My daughter falls done standing still in the middle of an empty room... can you imagine her in heels? She would break her ankle!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• *down
    But_Mommie

• at walmart they have them for toddlers too..
    when I went to buy sandals for my daughters I seen them and was like.. no way would I let my dd's have them, lol. First off I have enough trouble keeping her out of MY heels lol. secondly they are bad for their feet and posture..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I guess you haven't seen the whole line of "sexy" clothing coming out for pre-teen girls. I flipped when I saw it on TV. But I suppose since there are so many parents out there that think it's ok for teenagers to be having sex as long as they are "protected" then you might as well make it so it's your daughter being picked by the boy instead of a little girl wearing sneakers and a pair of jeans. Personally I think the whole thing is disgusting. The only time a child should wear high heels is playing dress up with her friends.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• They've always had heels for kids. I remember when my oldest was a toddler and seeing little dress shoes with 1 inch heels (the thick kind) and wondering who would buy a heeled shoe in a size 8 toddler?
    But people come in all sizes. My 11yo only wears a kids size 1 1/2 shoe. By the time she's in a 4 she'll probably be a teen. She only wears a size 8 in pants. When she's 16/17 she'll be lucky to wear a girl's size 12.
    I haven't noticed anything wrong with the clothes. I love Target's clothes especially for my girls. They are very cute. Of course my kids only get stuff off the clearance racks so they get whatever is left over after everyone else has bought every thing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My SIL is 29 and 4'11" and can ware girls size 12/16 pants. She likes that some of these clothes are more adult. I really think that is who these clothes are intended for.

mama04inID

Answer by mama04inID at 3:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2011