Anyone know a home remedie that works to get rid of a bv?

i have done everything that the doctor tells me to to prevent getting a bacterial infection but it hasnt help so im asking does anyone know how to get rid of one without going to the doctor and does anyone know how to prevent one? thanks

mememe67

Asked by mememe67 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• Where is the infection? If it's in your throat, an iodine throat gargle often works. If it's on your skin, antiseptic or a soak in potassium permanganate. If it's a bladder infection, I've heard that eating cammomile seeds is helpful.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Try eating some yogurt.

Moms helping moms work from home. Ask me how. raeganmoser@gmail.com
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 6:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• What did the doctor say?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• What advice did the doctor give u?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you are sure it's BV eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Limit refined carbs and alcohol. You can also take a probiotic supplement. There is a product called Yeast Arrest which is supposed to work really well for BV. It can be found at http://www.vitanica.com/    ( note I've not used this product, only heard of it) Of course you'll want to see a doctor if... it's yourfirst episode, you're not sure what kind of infection it is, the symptoms are persistent, you're pregnant, you have an underlying health condition such as diabetes, cancer or AIDS, or if your sexual partner is also experiencing symptoms.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My daughter kept on getting strep and the ENT doctor told us to get active yogurt and make her eat a cup a day.since then I don't think she has had it if so it was just one time.
    christydlewis

Answer by christydlewis at 10:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i cant stand yougurt i have tryed to make myself eat it but i cant im gonna try that rephresh stuff to see if it works its not my first bacterial infection i keep getting them the doctor told me not to shave or wear underwear at noght and that would help me not get one but i have done that and ofcourse i got one again i dont have an std and i cant get pregnant had my tubes tied in 05 its been 6 yrs now but thanks to all the answers
    mememe67

Comment by mememe67 (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2011