When your in labor ...

when your in labor can you have a contraction right after another then not have one for 3-4 minutes and then have another set of contractions right after another (like one just stops and another begins ?

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep, that's what happened to me. I was having multiple contractions at a time, then it would simmer down a few minutes and it would start back up again. This is just my experience but it was a main reason why I had to have a csection because I wasn't dilated at all and the overlapping contractions got so bad that it was affecting the baby's heart rate.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes you can. Are you at the hospital?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• no im not at the hospital but my last appointment i was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced with a bulging bag of waters they are pretty painfull along with bad period back pain what do I do its been going on for about 2 hrs now
    mommyof0210

Comment by mommyof0210 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Go to the hospital now!

Answer by older at 6:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If it has been going on for 2 hours I suggest you call you OB's on call line and check with them. It *could* be back labor and they *might* might to check you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• * *might want to check you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would head to the hospital, or call the birthing center and see what they want you to do..
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• if they are 3 minutes apart (even if you have a few inbetween) it's time to check yourself into the hospital..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011