When should I give my baby little pieces of food/fruits he os 7 months now?? please any advise will help I really don't know when and what kind I should give him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started giving food at 6 months. I started with rice cereal/baby oatmeal, etc. then then went to veggies.

Some people say 6 months, others say 9.. some even say 1 year. Its really up to you.

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Try some soft fruits like bananas, strawberries. I always like to use the little mesh food eaters that you lock the food into so baby can suck the juice and chew on fruit without choking on anything. You should be able to find them by the baby bottles, utensils.etc. Have fun!

Moms helping moms work from home. Ask me how. raeganmoser@gmail.com
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 6:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How many teeth does he have? Babies don't really need big people food at 7 months. They have to be able to gum it mostly if you do. maybe tiny pieces of canned peaches or mashed potatoes or mac and cheese (a couple of pieces at a time) really these adult foods have a lot of salt and sugar that baby doesn't need. Go to the store and check out the age specific food they have their and then try and make your own without all the sugar and salt. Googling how to make baby food will get you lots of ideas also
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• He doesn't need teeth to gum food. I started all of mine with finger foods around 7 months - as soon as they could pick it up. Soft or steamed fruits and veggies. Bananas are a great first food. Mine have all loved peas and little bits of sweet potatoes as well.

Answer by missanc at 6:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• http://realmomsguide.sheknows.com/2011/06/10/diary-of-a-new-mom-making-my-own-baby-food/

Check this site out
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My first son ate purees at 5 months, but didn't want to eat table foods until 10 months. My second wouldn't touch anything but bm until 8.5 months when he started gumming crackers and bananas. It depends on what your baby wants to try and is comfortable with. He doesn't NEED anything but bm or formula until he is 12 months old.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If your baby is ready to move from puree's to finder foods then you could cut soft foods like banana's and cooked veggeis into small pieces. For harder foods like apples you could use your cheese grater.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• try soft fruits like banana's first.. or try the gerber puffs to see how well they can mash their food first.. I waited until dd got her teeth in for harder fruits like apples, and grapes (cut up of course).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• start with baby oatmeal, b/c you can make it a little runny or little bit thick ifyou want. You can start him with stage one puree food, which is sweet potato, peas, squash or avocado. YOu can buy a machine to make it at home or just buy from store (less ingredient the better) YOu can give fruit, but don't give too much banana b/c it can cause constipation. Feed one thing at a time, wait at least 4 days to switch food just incase your baby is allergy to certain veggies or fruits.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011