I should have slapped him...

No I wouldn't really slap him, though I wanted to.

Last night, my SO and I were watching TV. Of course he has the remote so I'm just observing. He stops at 16 & Pregnant as the girl is giving birth. (That part always makes me tear up if I watch it lol). I had noticed the oxygen mask on her and I couldn't for the life of me remember if I had one too or just the nose hose, so I asked him. He says "No you just had the hose. You didn't need the mask, it's not like you gave actual birth, you just had a csection."

WHAT???? I was completely speechless!!! I was so mad I just sat there, thoughts racing through my head of what I could say. Nothing. I made myself a glass of chocolate milk, chugged it, then told him goodnight. I'm usually so good at addressing why I'm angry but this just totally blew me away, and I don't even think he realizes how much it hurt me. Am I just being too sensitive about all this or should I just tell him? I feel like throwing a book at him and telling him to read it and learn something but I wouldn't even know which book to choose lol

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• slapi'd do it tonight!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You attempted to and you still had to recover so pbbbb to him. Lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Dull, i'm seriously considering it. Pink, i'm just imaging a scrunched face with a tongue sticking out as you say "pbbbb" haha too funny! I did try, damnit! Jerk.
    DJsMommy610

Comment by DJsMommy610 (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Men are so thoughtless sometimes. He probably has no idea how you feel about the subject. He probably has no idea what he said was hurtful. You have every right to be hurt and angry- what he said was completely wrong. Birth describes the process of separating the offspring from the mother and you totally did that! You gave birth. You created a life, you grew the life, you went through a process of separation. Was in vaginal? no- neither was mine but we both had babies and we bother certainly gave birth. The only book you need is the dictionary.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Your husband is a jackass.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, he's not a jackass, just made a jackass remark. But thanks anyway.
    DJsMommy610

Comment by DJsMommy610 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011