i want a girl...

me and my husband have decided to try for another child... i want a girl this time... is there anything to better my odds?

sexymommy87

Asked by sexymommy87 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• NO THERE IS NOT.....
    Anonymous

• not really, all of those old wives tales and rumors dont really work. actually a males sperm changes every 7 years from x to y meaning it goes from boy to girl, i dont think there is any way of checking that unfortunatly.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You got a 50% chance...gender selection is not an option...There are theories out there like using different positions, or when you conceive (chinese gender chart)- but they are just theories- not proven methods.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• There's certain times of the month where your DH is more likely to produce the girl sperm. I had a website but I can't remember the name. Google. Best time for a man to produce female sperm or something.
    Anonymous

• I really don't think a male's sperm changes from x to y every 7 years.... if that were true how do people have boy/girl twins, or a boy born one year, a girl two years later, and then a boy again? That happens all the time.

There's a theory that if you conceive further away from ovulation it's likely to be a girl, because 'girl' sperm live longer than 'boy' sperm. So if you chart your temperatures and fertility symptoms and have a good idea when you ovulate, you could try timing your intecourse. Of course, this is only a theory, not proven, so by timing your intercourse further away from ovulation in hopes of conceiving a girl, you may only be lessening your chances of conceiving at all. It's fun to try different things though, as long as you don't assume they'll mean you have a girl because then you could be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect a girl but get a boy.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• no youll either have a boy or a girl.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Nope, i have 5 boys one after the other and im longing for a girl but whatever is given to me i will be happy wih and love them equally
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am not sure how much of this is true but I have heard that when having sex and the male ejaculates pretty deep inside the cervix it could be a boy and if he pulls out soon while he is ejaculating it is a girl. But I don't know no male that would WANT to pull out...lol
    So good luck on this one.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008