Tmi... constipation and blood adult content

This is rather embarrassing. It happened to me occasionally before this pregnancy, after my first. I think my tush is bleeding when I go. I don't think that there is actually blood in my stool, but I think it's me back there. Could I have a hemorrhoid that's minor that I don't know about making it bleed when it's difficult to go? I always forget to mention it when I go to the Dr. What kind of Doctor do I need to see for this? I could bring it up to my OB.. But that's not their area, I don't think. It only happens every once in a while but yesterday there was much more than just a little spot. Nothing since, but still. I don't like this.
:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be a hemorrhoids or tiny fissures or rips in the thin skin around that anal area. It is really not that uncommon and is not anything to worry about if that is the case but it certainly would not hurt to head to the doctor to figure it out. I had to go to a gastroenterologist for that and a few other reasons. They actually will check back there which is rather embarrassing and run a few tests but it could put your mind at ease. Typically the fissures will cause bright red bleeding.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It could be hemroids or just the fact that your straining. Have you tried stool softener? Ask your OB anyway and they can at least point you in the right direction. It may not be their area but they do deal with it because a lot of pregnant women get hemroids.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011