Are you "educated"? If so, do you cuss?

So, apparently, you can be too educated to cuss and get kicked off a train. This is hilarious.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110617/us_yblog_thelookout/woman-says-shes-too-educated-to-be-kicked-off-new-york-train

What are your thoughts?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• haha apparently she wasnt educated enough to have learned some other descriptive words to use in the place of the F-word...plus she sounds like a spoiled brat who's used to getting her way no matter what. ("like do you think im like a hoodlum? OMG?!")

its not so much education that a person needs not to curse like a sailor loudly in public, but class...and they dont teach class in school.

oh and im educated & only curse when its appropriate (like when i stub my toe & my kids arent around or im beyond angry & my kids arent around).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes ~ and yes. I do know when and where (and when/where NOT) to, and I'm quite capable of acting like a lady. The one in the video doesn't appear to have been taught much about manners, common sense, or couth ~ or just believes that she is so well educated that those are things only idiots have to worry about.

I must say I was impressed with the employee who didn't lose her cool in spite of all the obnoxious in the air.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Wow, a degree is not a pass to be rude.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, and yes.....but I do know the time and place...
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• That was hilarious--what the Conductor said!!!
    I don't know what education has to do with cussing. All I know is that it sounds gross and I only say a few of them when am by myself! LOL. I really don't like to hear the F word or others.
    ANd it is annoying when people talk on their cell phones because it IS LOUD! And I don't want to hear them gossiping.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• OMG!! If she is soooo well educated, then she should have known to shut up while she was ahead! lol Here in the northern part of MI, there was an incident of a "cussing canoeist". The canoe this guy was getting into flipped, he went under and the water was a blamy 60 degrees!!! Well I would been cussing too! Well this incident went all the way to the supreme court!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• yes and yes
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes and yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes and Yes but I have this little thing called common sense to know it's not good manners to cuss like a sailor in public.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think this was my favorite part- After the altercation, the conductor came on the loudspeaker and reminded people to keep conversations quiet, "especially those people who went to Harvard or Yale or are from Westport."

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2011