OOPS I FORGOT TO DEFROST CHICKEN FOR DINNER. WHAT CAN I MAKE!!??

ITS 4PM. DH AND THE GIRLS (TWO DD'S) ARE AT THE MOVIE THEATER WATCHING JUDY MOODY.. I FORGOT TO DEFROST CHICKEN THIS AM. I HAVE ZUCCINIS, MUSHROOMS, DIFFERENT KINDS OF STOCK. CHICKEN, BEEF, VEGETABLE. ONIONS, SERANO CHILIS, SWEET CORN, BELL PEPPERS AND A BUNCH OF SPICES. OH AND A CROCK POT. THEY SHOULD BE HOME AROUND 530-6PM MY CHICKEN IS THE KIND IN A BAG FROZEN. BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• you can force the chicken to defrost using the microwave or cold water or you can toss all of you fresh ingredients together in some olive oil until tender with some garlic and then toss it in pasta or over rice cooked in chicken stock and seasoning.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Stick what you need into a ziploc, seal, and thaw in a cool water bath. It doesn't take very long this way. Then cook as planned.

I had the same issue yesterday. I just wound up making a big pot of veggie chicken lentil soup with zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and onions.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No need to defrost. :) Frozen chicken can easily be cooked in a covered pan. It only takes about ten to 15 minutes. Just put a little oil on the o=bottom of the pan, throw the frozen chicken in, cover it with spices (or just salt/pepper). Put the lid on and cook on med heat. If covered, those babies cook very fast. be sure to turn midway through. Then, take out the chicken, put in the veges. Cover with a little broth and spices. Cook those up. Cube the chicken and throw that back in.

Serve with rice, potatos, or tortillas.

Cooking straight from frozen makes absolutley delicious tender chicken in minutes.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh, this is stove-top cooking . . .
    ImaginationMama